Re: Av Gas?

scfoster1@gmail.com
Tue, Jul 2, 2024 10:40 PM

My local marina has watercraft fuel with no ethanol or lead. I think it's
91 octane, runs fine in my aged M750.

Steve

On Tue, Jul 2, 2024, 7:10 AM ducdude--- via Ducati ducati@list.ducati.net
wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ducdude@verizon.net
To: "'Ducati Owners Group'" ducati@list.ducati.net
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 07:09:59 -0400
Subject: [Ducati] Re: Av Gas?
That and 100LL AV gas is formulated to run best at steady RPMs idle, 50% ,
100%  not so much the variable rpms we see on our motorcycles.  If caught
the penalties are quite stiff in monetary fines and or jail time or both.
According to the internet, Lead also interferes with neuronal migration,
cell proliferation and synapse formation in the brain. The consequences are
loss of intelligence and disruption of behavior and neurological
degeneration . Because the brain has little capacity for repair, these
effects are permanent and untreatable.

Seems like a lot of risk,  just run fuel without alcohol in your Duc with
a 90 octane unless your compression is very high that should do just fine.

Ride safely,
Eric

On 2024-06-29 9:08 pm, TomDressler wrote:

Hey all,
Has anyone tried aviation gas in their bike?
Ive got a ‘95 SSCR with rejetted carbs and hi compression pistons so
it prefers >90.
Recently, i started using Non-Ethanol gas in another bike i have to
preserve the plastic tank but then thought about AvGas.
Its 100 octane with lead. A technician at the local FBO said he mixes
it 50/50 with mid-octane in his HD and it runs well.
Im just curious…
Thanks.

…Tom

To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news:
http://www.ductalk.com/
and
https://www.facebook.com/ducnet

email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net
Mailto: %(user_address)s

My local marina has watercraft fuel with no ethanol or lead. I think it's 91 octane, runs fine in my aged M750. Steve On Tue, Jul 2, 2024, 7:10 AM ducdude--- via Ducati <ducati@list.ducati.net> wrote: > > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: <ducdude@verizon.net> > To: "'Ducati Owners Group'" <ducati@list.ducati.net> > Cc: > Bcc: > Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 07:09:59 -0400 > Subject: [Ducati] Re: Av Gas? > That and 100LL AV gas is formulated to run best at steady RPMs idle, 50% , > 100% not so much the variable rpms we see on our motorcycles. If caught > the penalties are quite stiff in monetary fines and or jail time or both. > According to the internet, Lead also interferes with neuronal migration, > cell proliferation and synapse formation in the brain. The consequences are > loss of intelligence and disruption of behavior and neurological > degeneration . Because the brain has little capacity for repair, these > effects are permanent and untreatable. > > Seems like a lot of risk, just run fuel without alcohol in your Duc with > a 90 octane unless your compression is very high that should do just fine. > > Ride safely, > Eric > > -----Original Message----- > From: goducati@hutchtel.net <goducati@hutchtel.net> > Sent: Monday, July 01, 2024 07:04 PM > To: Ducati Owners Group <ducati@list.ducati.net> > Subject: [Ducati] Re: Av Gas? > > You want to run the lowest octane you can without pre detonation. The > additives for high octane are intended to make it not burn well and will > reduce power. It's done for high compression, as that and whatever else is > going on needs not to pre detonate. E85 burns so poorly but for boost or > high compression is the bomb. > > marko > > On 2024-06-29 9:08 pm, TomDressler wrote: > > Hey all, > > Has anyone tried aviation gas in their bike? > > Ive got a ‘95 SSCR with rejetted carbs and hi compression pistons so > > it prefers >90. > > Recently, i started using Non-Ethanol gas in another bike i have to > > preserve the plastic tank but then thought about AvGas. > > Its 100 octane with lead. A technician at the local FBO said he mixes > > it 50/50 with mid-octane in his HD and it runs well. > > Im just curious… > > Thanks. > > > > …Tom > > > > > > > > > > To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: > > http://www.ductalk.com/ > > and > > https://www.facebook.com/ducnet > > _____________________ > > Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net To unsubscribe send an > > email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net > > Mailto: %(user_address)s > > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: ducdude--- via Ducati <ducati@list.ducati.net> > To: "'Ducati Owners Group'" <ducati@list.ducati.net> > Cc: ducdude@verizon.net > Bcc: > Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 07:09:59 -0400 > Subject: [Ducati] Re: Av Gas? > > > > > To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: > http://www.ductalk.com/ > and > https://www.facebook.com/ducnet > _____________________ > Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net > To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net > Mailto: %(user_address)s