A bit of beautiful Ducati History today

Vicki@ducati.net
Wed, May 24, 2023 1:48 PM
KK
Kevin Kachadourian
Wed, May 24, 2023 4:11 PM

Thanks, Vicki. Beautiful machine and great story. I could never own bike
like this; it is extremely rare and valuable and so a museum piece, but I
am of the belief that bikes, especially Ducatis, extra especially well
upgraded Ducatis, are meant to be ridden. I would spend my life agonizing
over this quandary. Not a bad quandary to have though, I suppose.

On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 15:49, Vicki@ducati.net vicki@ducati.net wrote:

[image: fb-11.jpg]

Holy Grail: An ultra-rare 1978 Ducati 900 NCR TT1 racer
https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1
bikeexif.com https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1
https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1

To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news:
http://www.ductalk.com/
and
https://www.facebook.com/ducnet

Mailto: %(user_address)s

Thanks, Vicki. Beautiful machine and great story. I could never own bike like this; it is extremely rare and valuable and so a museum piece, but I am of the belief that bikes, especially Ducatis, extra especially well upgraded Ducatis, are meant to be ridden. I would spend my life agonizing over this quandary. Not a bad quandary to have though, I suppose. On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 15:49, Vicki@ducati.net <vicki@ducati.net> wrote: > [image: fb-11.jpg] > > Holy Grail: An ultra-rare 1978 Ducati 900 NCR TT1 racer > <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> > bikeexif.com <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> > <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> > > > > > To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: > http://www.ductalk.com/ > and > https://www.facebook.com/ducnet > _____________________ > Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net > To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net > Mailto: %(user_address)s
VS
Vicki Smith
Wed, May 24, 2023 4:30 PM

Kevin, I understand the mindset. I first encountered it back in the day
when I was doing a lot of Ferrari track days as an instructor and the
values started really going thru the roof for the first time. I used to be
lucky enough to occasionally drive a 1967 330 P4, usually at Daytona, but
one day in a phone call with its owner I said maybe he shouldn’t let people
use it, the values were going up fast and his car was already likely in the
millions and holy shit did he flip out when I said it. It almost broke our
friendship.
These days I find myself often in the company of the rarest machines in the
world as a judge at some of the bigger shows and what I can say for sure is
history is written by the bikes and cars that somehow managed to stay
original. They make up the restoration guidelines for all the others. And
they aren’t many of them.
So yea, use them but also be happy when someone doesn’t. They carry the
history forward after the people that built them and know that say, “all
three of those tail lights are correct because they didn’t have enough to
do the whole run”, are gone.
Vicki

Most of the On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 12:11 PM Kevin Kachadourian <
kkachadourian@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Kevin, I understand the mindset. I first encountered it back in the day when I was doing a lot of Ferrari track days as an instructor and the values started really going thru the roof for the first time. I used to be lucky enough to occasionally drive a 1967 330 P4, usually at Daytona, but one day in a phone call with its owner I said maybe he shouldn’t let people use it, the values were going up fast and his car was already likely in the millions and holy shit did he flip out when I said it. It almost broke our friendship. These days I find myself often in the company of the rarest machines in the world as a judge at some of the bigger shows and what I can say for sure is history is written by the bikes and cars that somehow managed to stay original. They make up the restoration guidelines for all the others. And they aren’t many of them. So yea, use them but also be happy when someone doesn’t. They carry the history forward after the people that built them and know that say, “all three of those tail lights are correct because they didn’t have enough to do the whole run”, are gone. Vicki Most of the On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 12:11 PM Kevin Kachadourian < kkachadourian@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks, Vicki. Beautiful machine and great story. I could never own bike > like this; it is extremely rare and valuable and so a museum piece, but I > am of the belief that bikes, especially Ducatis, extra especially well > upgraded Ducatis, are meant to be ridden. I would spend my life agonizing > over this quandary. Not a bad quandary to have though, I suppose. > > On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 15:49, Vicki@ducati.net <vicki@ducati.net> wrote: > >> [image: fb-11.jpg] >> >> Holy Grail: An ultra-rare 1978 Ducati 900 NCR TT1 racer >> <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> >> bikeexif.com <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> >> <https://www.bikeexif.com/1978-ducati-900-ncr-tt1> >> >> >> >> >> To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: >> http://www.ductalk.com/ >> and >> https://www.facebook.com/ducnet >> _____________________ >> Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net >> To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net >> Mailto: %(user_address)s > > > > > > To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: > http://www.ductalk.com/ > and > https://www.facebook.com/ducnet > _____________________ > Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net > To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net > Mailto: %(user_address)s
jsratcas@aol.com
Wed, May 24, 2023 5:00 PM

The problem isn't so much using them. It's fixing them if you use them.
Scott

[...]

|  |

| Holy Grail: An ultra-rare 1978 Ducati 900 NCR TT1 racerbikeexif.com |

The problem isn't so much using them. It's fixing them if you use them. Scott -----Original Message----- From: Vicki Smith <Vicki@ducati.net> To: Ducati Owners Group <ducati@list.ducati.net> Sent: Wed, May 24, 2023 11:30 am Subject: [Ducati] Re: A bit of beautiful Ducati History today Kevin, I understand the mindset. I first encountered it back in the day when I was doing a lot of Ferrari track days as an instructor and the values started really going thru the roof for the first time. I used to be lucky enough to occasionally drive a 1967 330 P4, usually at Daytona, but one day in a phone call with its owner I said maybe he shouldn’t let people use it, the values were going up fast and his car was already likely in the millions and holy shit did he flip out when I said it. It almost broke our friendship. These days I find myself often in the company of the rarest machines in the world as a judge at some of the bigger shows and what I can say for sure is history is written by the bikes and cars that somehow managed to stay original. They make up the restoration guidelines for all the others. And they aren’t many of them. So yea, use them but also be happy when someone doesn’t. They carry the history forward after the people that built them and know that say, “all three of those tail lights are correct because they didn’t have enough to do the whole run”, are gone. Vicki Most of the On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 12:11 PM Kevin Kachadourian <kkachadourian@gmail.com> wrote: Thanks, Vicki. Beautiful machine and great story. I could never own bike like this; it is extremely rare and valuable and so a museum piece, but I am of the belief that bikes, especially Ducatis, extra especially well upgraded Ducatis, are meant to be ridden. I would spend my life agonizing over this quandary. Not a bad quandary to have though, I suppose. On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 15:49, Vicki@ducati.net <vicki@ducati.net> wrote: | | | | Holy Grail: An ultra-rare 1978 Ducati 900 NCR TT1 racerbikeexif.com | | To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: http://www.ductalk.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/ducnet _____________________ Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net Mailto: %(user_address)s To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: http://www.ductalk.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/ducnet _____________________ Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net Mailto: %(user_address)s To get the links and updates on all today's Ducati news: http://www.ductalk.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/ducnet _____________________ Ducati mailing list -- ducati@list.ducati.net To unsubscribe send an email to ducati-leave@list.ducati.net Mailto: %(user_address)s